UK Jobs Board
Job Title: Year 5 Class Teacher*
Start Date: September 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £32,157- £42,624
*This role is not suitable for NQTs
Whitfield Teachers has a fantastic opportunity for a Year 5 Class teacher within a Good Ofsted rated school in the Borough of Greenwich to start in September 2021!
This is an exemplary, school with a rich heritage that is currently in search of an altruistic, empathetic and innovative KS2 teacher with a creative mind to play key part in supporting the school in their drive to ensure the best achievements for their pupils.
If you are looking to join a great school where you can make full use of your knowledge and expertise as a KS2 teacher to inspire children and motivate them to become high achieving independent learners, then this is the teaching opportunity for you!
This opportunity is perfect for a Year 5 Class teacher who:
* Has a proven track record of teaching in upper KS2
* Is highly driven, altruistic and has an interpersonal and empathetic approach to teaching
* Is looking to join a successful school that is highly resourceful and takes pride in delivering high-quality learning for all its pupils
* Wants to join a school that provides excellent CPD and training opportunities
* Is keen to join a school where there is a highly supportive, welcoming and friendly leadership and teaching team! About the School:
* A GOOD two-form entry school
* This is a school which takes pride in delivering a high-quality level of learning
* Achievement in reading, writing and mathematics is above average within this school.
* The school has an enthusiastic 'can do' attitude which permeates across the entire school
* A school which is really big on supporting EAL children – EAL kids are thriving in this school!
* School has a fantastic inclusion team who ensure that kids with SEN receive the right support
* Very well resourced with extensive, high-quality learning resources and state-of-the-art outdoor facilities
* Teaching staff consists of a friendly, supportive experienced leadership team that provides excellent CPD, support and guidance to teaching staff As a Year 5 class teacher, you will be responsible for a class of 30 pupils and will have the support of a TA or an HLTA. Your role will be very integral to the school’s success as you will be responsible for promoting high standards of learning and behaviour while ensuring that your pupils meet their full potential. The successful teacher for this role will therefore need to be someone who has sound knowledge of issues that can potentially contribute to the children’s under achievement. You will need to have a knack for building a strong rapport with children and highly skilled at delivering lessons that inspire, stimulate and engage children.
Key Responsibilities as a Year 5 Class Teacher:
* Ensuring effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals, establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met.
* Using a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all pupils engaged and to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential.
* Planning & teaching well-structured lessons in accordance with the national curriculum
* Provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge demonstrating a commitment to high achievement for all
* Setting high expectations for the children’s learning and promoting good progress, good pupil outcomes and good attainments
* Modelling positive behaviour, attitude & values expected of pupils
* You will be responsible for promoting a love of learning, motivation and inspiring the children through your lessons
* Adapting and differentiating teaching to meet the needs of all pupil groups e.g. SEND, EAL, HA
* Making accurate use of assessment, feedback & data to monitor pupil’s progress
* Carrying out effective behaviour management to ensure a safe learning environment
* Developing and producing interactive visual aids and teaching resources
* help children develop curiosity and knowledge
* Working closely with teaching and support staff to facilitate learning Key Requirements:
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.