UK Jobs Board
What will you be doing as our new Yard Operative you will be responsible for the efficient running of the plant yard, whilst maintaining the highest standard at all times. You will be working as part of the depot operations team and providing full operational support to all areas of the business as required.
Ensuring that the duties such as booking in and out of equipment for hire, and equipment returned is assessed accurately. To load and unload vehicles and receive goods into the depot safely and securely, whilst ensuring all systems and documentation is accurately completed at all times.
* Enter asset number information in the system and confirm hires in the system.
* Load delivery vehicles using system-generated paperwork.
* Ensure all external hauliers have the relevant paperwork and BCS drivers are loaded with allocated deliveries/collections only.
* Receive all off hired equipment into the depot, unloading and checking paperwork for accuracy of plant numbers etc.
* Transfer information from the paperwork supplied to the returns register for processing, highlighting any queries or issues with the Utilisation Team.
* Check equipment for damage and highlight to the Team Leader.
* Ensure safety, lifting and survey equipment is transferred to the Bescot depot.
Service & Maintenance
* Prepare non-mechanical plant for hire; cleaning down, painting and checking ready for hire.
* Complete workshop jobs for non-mechanical plant service and maintenance work completed, detailing labour and parts used on the appropriate systems/documents.
* Support the Tools, Plant, Specialist and Tunnelling operations with various duties including cleaning down equipment and painting.
* Keyholder for the barrier system in the depot, accepting vehicles into the yard ensuring a banks person is provided for all reversing and drivers follow the sign in procedure.
* Slinger/signaler duties for loading/unloading.
* Maintain accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
* Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
* Complete stock checks as requested, feeding back to the plant manager and Quality Team.
* Support the business during annual stock checks.
Health and Safety
* Complete tasks in accordance with the depot risk assessments, notify the Plant manager of any potential non-compliance.
* Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
* Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc.
* Complete weekly safety and standards check as required, including for all equipment used within the depot as listed in the department file.
Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Management.
Work to agreed timescales updating the Plant manager on progress. Maintain good communication with other Team Leaders and Management at all times.
All orders are to be wrapped, banded and packaged as per the delivery method.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
Previous experience loading and unloading vehicles
Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
Ability to work well within a team, offering support to others
Previous experience working in a similar role in the plant or equipment hire industry
Product knowledge of plant, tools, specialist kit and tunnelling equipment
Previous experience as a first aider and fire warden
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.