UK Jobs Board
An independent sub-contract machine shop in the West Midlands is looking to recruit a VMC Programmer.
This clients work includes small batch work, one offs on various small to medium components from aerospace to steam engines.
This is a permanent position offering a good working environment and the opportunity to work within a strong and friendly team in a thriving and successful business.
VMC Programmer Role and Responsibilities:
* To Programme and Set relevant machines for operators to run efficiently.
* To accurately read and interpret engineering drawings Metric and English.
* To accurately produce CNC programs to manufacture products, on-time and to exact customer specifications using One CNC Cad Cam Software XR6.
* Assist in the development of new and existing manufacturing processes and procedures to optimise performance.
* Responsible for machining own jigs and fixtures.
* To help train/develop other personnel in all aspects of the cell.
VMC Programmer Knowledge / Experience Required
* Experience of setting Haas and Dai-Lih Vmc (Fanuc Controls)
* Experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Apprentice trained with at least 5 years’ experience.
VMC Programmer Personal Attributes
* Good communication skills
* Flexible can do attitude.
* Ability to adapt to new technology and work to timetables and deadlines.
* Ability to improve and implement best practice.
Hours and Salary
* Standard week is 40Hrs Start Times either 6-2 or 7-3
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.