UK Jobs Board
The purpose of the role is to perform highly skilled mechanical repairs, inspections, maintenance and diagnostics in a professional manner working within health health and safety guidelines.
• Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on motor vehicles including MOT failures/repairs working within Health and Safety guidelines.
• Perform vehicle inspections including Part Exchange Inspections using ramps or other workshop equipment as necessary ensuring Inspection report sheets are correctly completed.
• Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems, recording any faults.
• Maintain vehicle job records by recording service, repairs and inspections on a daily basis.
• Draining/refuelling vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
• Correct filling of company job cards and job records on a daily basis.
• Undertaking any other ad hoc duties as requested by Management and Senior staff.
• Carry out major and minor repairs/overhauls on vehicles and effected components, including engines, brakes, fuel systems, transmissions, steering, suspensions, drive lines and some electrical systems using a wide range of tools including specialist equipment
Health & Safety Responsibilities
It is each employee’s responsibility to ensure that the environment in which they work in is safe for them and others.
This includes reporting all accidents and near misses to management.
Reporting any potential issues which could cause harm.
Behave in a manner, which acts in line with the standards set out in the Health and Safety Manual and Company Handbook.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in motor vehicle repairs
A full and valid driving licence
Good communication and administration skills
Ability to work on own initiative and to a high standard of workmanship
Ability to analyse and repair mechanical failures
Able to work in the outdoor elements with a flexible approach to work
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.