UK Jobs Board
My client, one of the UKs fastest growing and most reliable haulage companies, are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to add to their growing team, based in the West Midlands.
The Transport Planner will be part of a fast paced team where you need to quickly react to ad-hoc customer requests including; providing logistics quotations, transport planning and ensuring clear and accurate communication with customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
* General planning for approximately 20 vehicles
* Closing out job files by obtaining POD and any other required information, and scanning documents onto the system
* Managing customer enquiries and loading all orders onto the system
* Providing customers with quotations and keeping them updated on progress
* Reviewing routes and suppliers to ensure transport is planned cost effectively
* Maximise profitability across the transport operation
* Manage vehicle compliance and maintenance and keep on top of legislation requirements
* Systems data maintenance
Key skills required for the role:
* Previous experience within a transport role
* Transport planning experience
* Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication and organisational skills
* Methodical and thorough approach to work
* Highly organised with the ability to remain focused under pressure
This is a permanent position working Monday- Friday either 7am-5pm or 10am-8pm, paying up to £26,000 p/a.
Please get in touch with (url removed) for further information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.