UK Jobs Board
Monday to Friday (9am – 7pm)
26,000 – £30,000
I’m currently working with a well-established and thriving transport operation, who due to a period of growth are seeking an experienced Transport planner to come and join their busy Transport operations.
As Transport Planner you’ll be reporting into the Operations Manager and Planning Manager. This is a hands-on role, responsible for planning the day-to-day delivery operation of a busy multi-drop operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist the Planning Manager with the daily plans for each individual drivers’ day
* Responsible for the scheduling and monitoring of vehicle deliveries within agreed delivery times
* Monitoring and making sure adherence to driving rules and regulations
* Liaise with drivers, customers, suppliers and others as appropriate
* Book ferries, where appropriate
* Coordinate UK/European assignments (short term contracts)
* Communicate effectively with team members and harness good working relations
* Assist with the scheduling of transporters for service/maintenance checks
* Initiate appropriate corrective action when substandard performance or issues arise
* Undertake other duties from time to time, as and when required
* Attend Transport Team meetings and participate in team decisions and operations
* Ensure a seamless service to all customers
* Organised and focused
* Transport Planning experience
* Strong geographical and European knowledge
* Analytical and structured
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines
* Lead by example and willing to support team in a ‘hands on’ manner
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and driven
* Ability to work effectively under pressure
* Team orientated
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Practical approach to problem solving
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like to find out more, please apply via the link or contact Victoria Riley at Aspion Recruitment.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.