UK Jobs Board
Would you like to support children, guiding them with the use of a holistic and therapeutic approach?
This role would involve working in a residential and educational setting and supporting children and young people everything they need to learn to step out into the world and lead an independent life.
The organisation specialises in providing therapeutic care to children and young people who have complex needs. They endeavour to create a home environment that exceeds the needs of the children and young people – enabling them to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives.
Your role will be to support children and young people to live as independently as possible with fantastic facilities at their fingertips. With a working farm, woodlands and workshops there is plenty of inspiration and practical activities the young people can choose from to learn new skills and develop their passions.
Shifts: 7am-2pm or 2pm-10pm & 2 weekends a month
Salary £18,500 – £22,800
* Joining an established close knit and dedicated team
* Time to build excellent rapport with children and staff alike
* Set in a stunning countryside environment
* Thorough induction and specialist training provided such as CALM, PSTE and QCF Residential Childcare Qualification
* Progression encouraged
* 33-38 days annual leave
* Supporting to help the children feel safe, respected and confident to achieve their goals
* Mentoring and educating the young people we support using a holistic approach
* Communicating with families so they feel understood and listened to
* Using the facilities on site, such as sensory room, to provide bespoke and exceptional learning support
* Support individuality with a therapeutic child-centred approach
* Managing and understanding behaviours of concern and the reasons for them
* Development of independent life skills both personal and practical
* Activities to motivate and engage the young people
* Development of social and emotional skills
* Positive engagement is key to encourage the children and young adults development
* Well written and comprehensive record keeping is vital noting behavioural changes
* Must be a driver with a full UK driving licence
* Must have previous experience working or personal experience with young people, ideally with Autism or Learning Disabilities
* Flexibility to work some weekends
* Occasional Sleep In’s – you choose how many
* Hold or willing to work towards Level 3 in Residential Childcare
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.