UK Jobs Board
Rapid Staffing are currently recruiting for their reputable and well-established manufacturing company in the heart of Birmingham who are looking to add a Test Engineer to their pre-existing team.
A Testing Engineer is required to fully test the product or system, in a safe way, to ensure it functions properly and meets the product requirements. The test engineer is expected to liaise with relevant Test house to plan test schedules and complete Factory Acceptance Tests and customer witness tests of company equipment when required
The job responsibilities include performing a variety of testing including:
• Performance Testing
• Endurance and Reliability Testing
• Trained to work on 440V 3phase power systems and the ability to run motor or simulated load tests including electrical power connections to inverters and VSD’s.
• Customer Validation testing, such as testing the interaction of our product with customer equipment
• Product investigation
• Fault finding and diagnoses of problems
• Managing data, configuration details and results in an organised manner
• Writing detailed technical test reports
• Participation in new test equipment configurations
• Electrical qualification and relevant Test Experience.
• Experience in calibration, installation and use of test equipment.
• Promotion of safe working practices for electrical applications.
• Knowledge of low voltage switch gear, inverter drives and VFD’s.
• Familiar with the equipment and test procedures for carrying out but not limited to:
a) Dielectric Withstand Voltage (DWV) testing (HiPOT to 4KV)
b) Insulation test
c) Low impedance
d) Functional performance tests with bespoke test equipment for which protocols for communication (Profinet) and process are required.
• Familiar with an array of sensors (temperature, pressure, flow, strain gauges, etc) for monitoring purposes and the logging of data of through High speed capture devices.
• Worked to Aerospace, Defence and Marine Standards and familiar with their test methods and requirements.
• Experience on Low Voltage (LV) switchgear & controlgear assemblies, to BS EN 61439 and also a working knowledge of 18th Edition IET electrical standards and IEC standards is desirable.
Personal Skills & experience.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce concise reports.
• MS Office products
• Knowledge of NI LabView would be an advantage (desirable).
• Skills to build test circuits; wire test harnesses & link to PCB’s and fault finding to component level. (preferred)
• Ability to read electrical circuit diagrams (essential).
This is an excellent opportunity for a Test Engineer to develop their career in product test. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based company will offer you:
Hours of Work:
• 07:30-16:00 Mon – Thu
• 07:30-12:30 Fri
If interested please apply below, or alternatively contact our team at Rapid Staffing Walsall (Contact details can be found on Google)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.