UK Jobs Board
Post Title: Swimming Instructor
Responsible to:Aquatics Team Leader
Job Purpose and Role
To provide instructional classes for the commercial operation of all aquatics programme across the business in accordance with the policies and objectives determined by the council.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. To undertake the practical teaching of designated groups at the appropriate level and within agreed standard.
2. To ensure the class commences on time and that late arrivals are dealt with effectively and diplomatically.
3. To ensure that the group has paid the appropriate fees prior to the class commencing in accordance with the Council's financial regulations.
4. To assist the Aquatics Leader to programme courses to enable a natural progression towards recognised swimming awards.
5. To discharge all health and safety requirements and immediately report all issues of health and safety that may arise to the Duty Officer.
6. Review and adhere to the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan in the swimming pool area.
7. To provide an emergency capability and administer first aid as and when required.
8. To ensure that accidents are reported and the appropriate documentation is completed
9.To have responsibility for the issuing, use and return of all equipment utilised in the pool area for swimming lessons.
10. To undertake weekly inspections of swimming lessons equipment and report to the Duty Officer any repair work which is required.
11. To give feedback on progress to class members and guardians.
12. To deal with customer queries and complaints and refer to the Duty Officer where necessary
13. To recommend improvements to the services offered at the facility in response to customer feedback.
14. To liaise with the Aquatics Leader in relation to standards set for the teaching of swimming across the business.
15. To attend meetings when requested by the Aquatics Leader.
Qualifications and/or Training
* First Aid at Work Certificate (which includes a cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
* ASA Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate
* RLSS Rescue Test for Teachers qualification
* Mandatory Health and Safety training
* Relevant experience in a leisure and customer services environment.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.