UK Jobs Board
Midland Building Products Group is the UK’s leading independent stockist of doors from all major suppliers, and a market leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke fire doors, doorsets and glazed screens.
Door Kit Solutions, part of MBP Group, are currently seeking an experienced and professional Stock Controller who will be responsible for maintaining stock within the warehouse, ensuring that all goods in / out notes are entered correctly into the bespoke stock system, and maintaining accurate and up to date stock levels at all times.
This is a full time, permanent position for 40 hours per week.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES OF STOCK CONTROLLER:
* Review and complete quality control all goods inwards against the orders/purchases
* Order fast moving, low level stock to maintain agreed stock levels
* Match up delivery notes to purchase orders
* Maintain a damage register
* Correctly update TAS to reflect inward, outbound, and damaged stock
* Conduct routine stock checks of all stock items and reconcile to stock issue (twice weekly and quarterly)
* Support the warehouse team with preparation of goods outwards
* Complete all inter-branch transfers
* Maintain open and regular communication between ales, Purchasing, Warehouse and all unit Managers / Directors
* Maintain filing system for all invoices / POD’S / Purchase Orders
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment by ensuring housekeeping and health and safety standards are maintained.
….and any other duties required to support the achievement of the Company’s objectives
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* 3 GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) or above including Maths and English
* Previous experience in a Stock Controller role is essential
* Be highly analytical and numerate and be able to interpret and compare a range of information.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, including being proficient in Excel
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
* Dynamic, and able to think proactively to ensure good communication to colleagues and customers
* IT literate
* Polite and conscientious
* Team player
ADDITIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS OF STOCK CONTROLLER:
* Good numeracy skills, and capable of interpreting a range of data
* Current FLT licence would be advantageous
* Able to use IT technologies as effective business tools
* Must take a flexible approach, as this role will occasionally require additional hours and weekend work.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Able to prioritise workload to meet ever changing departmental and organisational deadlines
Please click APPLY, to submit your CV for this role. For further information, please contact ALEXANDRA at Midland Building Products.
We reserve the right to close this posting early should a suitable individual be found.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.