UK Jobs Board
Job Overview: On behalf of our client client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for a Senior Process Technician to join their team.
* As a Senior Process Technician, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
* As a Senior Process Technician, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
* The role of a Senior Process Technician is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
* For a proven Process Technician this is an excellent opportunity to work a secure and stable position within a forward-thinking company.
* To install and start up moulds in accordance with good practices
* To carry out colour changes working to SMED principles
* To investigate and diagnose problems relating to the moulding process that are performing below the required level.
* To liaise with other departments and personnel to ensure a swift resolution of problems
* To work as a team member in a multi-skilled environment. This may involve carrying out tasks outside of the core skill area. (CI Projects, New Product Introductions, Machine moves).
* To work within and help develop 5s, SMED, Kaizen and H&S systems and/or procedures for the Production areas.
* To ensure that company policy on such matters as health and safety, housekeeping etc are followed at all times.
* Ideally hold minimum injection moulding qualifications to IMT 3 or working towards
* Multi-skilling qualifications advantageous
* Good knowledge of injection moulds/ tooling
* Attention to detail
* Problem-solving skills
* Team work and excellent communication skills
* Ability to follow instructions both verbal and written
Key Words: “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding”, “Process Technician”, “Process Engineer” “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Plastics”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.