UK Jobs Board
To provide effective management and leadership, enabling the company objectives to be fulfilled. You will be expected to follow all current company processes, procedures and guidelines and actively contribute towards continuous improvement. This job description is intended as a guide only and is not a definitive list of responsibilities. The overriding business need is for flexible skilled staff who can adapt to the changing business need.
Purchasing Manager – Responsibilities would include:
• To Ensure materials are delivered to production in line with agreed build schedule.
• Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Maintain a supply chain that ensures we are globally competitive.
• Manage the supplier evaluation and review process to ensure that suppliers demonstrate ‘best value’.
• Identify & manage areas of supplier risk in order to mitigate any possible impact on the company.
• Ensure the purchase order system maximises credit terms whilst still ensuring production receive materials to schedule.
• To proactively manage supplier quality
• To give regular feedback to supply chain on quality concerns.
• To dive continuous improvement in quality through supply chain
• To Generate improvements to purchasing systems and processes
• To Trial and implement improvements
• To keep all department procedures and work instructions up to date
• Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks
• Contributing to and managing department budget
• Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
• Selection and recruitment of department new staff.
• Management of the computerised stock control system
• Maintenance of agreed stock levels
• Monitor and maintain the ‘standard cost’ aspect of stock control
• Liaise with the Stores Team Leader on physical stock counts
• Ensure all goods are booked in correctly.
• To actively contribute to company purchasing strategy.
• To communicate purchasing strategy to Team, Business, and supply chain.
• To implement purchasing strategy within the business and through Supply chain
• To Monitor, review, and evaluate purchasing strategy to ensure effectiveness.
• Produce accurate appropriate business KPI’s
• Analyse KPI data and use as a basis for driving improvement.
• Report KPI data to Section(s) and to the Board
• To prepare a monthly department report to be submitted to Board of directors.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
• Highly Organised
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Financial awareness
• Excellent Negotiation Skills
• Stock control experience
• Commitment to personal development
• Copes with pressure
• Relevant Industry Experience
• Supervisory experience
• IT literate
• Change orientated.
• Customer focus
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.