UK Jobs Board
IT Project Managers work with our external and internal customers and suppliers, to address commercial, operational and organizational issues, always aiming to deliver lasting business performance improvement. The role of the IT Project Manager is to deliver projects that typically are a combination of outsourced service provision, process re-engineering, and IT solutions delivery.
IT Project Manager – Duties Include:
* Manage through to successful delivery both external and internal projects
* Be fully cognizant of statements of work and scope definition of projects and use these to control delivery of projects to customer and companies expectations, time, cost, and quality
* For each project, develop a detailed understanding of the project solution, services, and operational requirements needed to deliver a service that is fit for purpose and encourages customers to grow their business.
* Establish an effective governance structure for key projects that enables effective engagement and communication including escalation with of all levels of customer, supplier and organizations
* Demonstrate skill and versatility with communication techniques (face-to-face, meetings, collaboration technology, telecoms) to get engagement with delivery leads, develop a common understanding of project delivery requirements, and match delivery velocity to the contractual timeline
* Establish strong business relationships at all levels with our customers’ business change team, building and maintaining mutual respect and trust
* Establish strong business relationships at all levels with our suppliers, building and maintaining mutual respect and trust,
* Establish strong financial control and tracking of projects to ensure early identification of over and underspends and risk to margin realization
* Use timely risk management and change control persistently to identify and control the impact of exceptions. Ensure that customer-related exceptions are tightly controlled and work with Sales and Account Management contacts to ensure customers fund the changes they are responsible for
* Develop recovery plans for projects at Amber and Red status and ensure alignment with issue and risk mitigations
* Ensure that customer critical success factors and acceptance criteria are understood and reflected in the quality assurance of deliverables. Avoid under or over delivery against the project’s agreed quality criteria
* Be a strong advocate for the Service Transition team, promote the services we offer and the skills and processes available
* Proactively engage with members of the Programme, adhering to standards and methods and championing best practices.
* Contribute to innovation, knowledge sharing, process improvement, and thought leadership
IT Project Manager – Ideally the applicant has experience of
* Working with OCR and ICR capture software as well as scanning capture software.
* Implementing mailrooms that digitize paper-based mail items
* Setting up IL3 working environments
* Working with multifunctional stakeholders
IT Project Manager – Qualifications:
Prince 2 Practitioner, Project Management Professional or similar project management methodology
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per yea
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.