UK Jobs Board
Location: Hereford, HR4 7P
Salary: From £9.50 per hour + Overtime paid at 1.5 of hourly rate
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 45-hour week – Normal working hours 6.00 to 3.30 Mon to Fri
We design bespoke oak framed homes, garden buildings, garages and extensions and we want you.
We have been building beautifully styled homes on behalf of our customers since 1999, we extend properties, add a little extra space for guests or a child returning from university, we make the dreams and aspirations of our customers come true!
Oakwrights build two main Panel Systems, both built to tight tolerances, both have service voids for electrical cables and minor plumbing. Each system has air tightness membranes and both are fully insulated. Oakwrights desire is to exceed current building regulations, so that our clients have the most efficient houses using as little energy as possible to heat and cool.
We also have another system which is more of a standard stick construction using traditional insulation.
We are now recruiting for Production Operatives to join our expanding team based in Hereford.
As one of our Production Operative you can expect to be:
* Producing high quality enclosure systems.
* Fulfilling the aspirations of the client, working with them in a friendly, problem solving manner – building houses to exacting standards.
* Putting Oakwrights at the forefront of modern building design and construction, by utilising the most advanced software and hardware available today, and incorporating the best modern methods of construction.
* Making and detailing Softwood timber frame panels to enclose oak frames and Softwood roof elements and panels for oak frames.
* Closely following and working to detailed production drawings, details, cutting lists, and other associated documentation.
* Working in a modern workshop environment (built 2019) with all the latest machinery and a great recreational canteen.
In order to be successful in this role, it is desirable for you to have:
* A level of experience in the softwood timber frame industry particularly with reference to Off-site manufacture, Complicated building layouts, High value clients and projects and Working to very tight tolerances.
At Oakwrights, we aim to build our employees skills and knowledge and we record your progress on our skills chart and increase your pay as you grow, improve and develop.
We encourage internal promotion at Oakwrights, with opportunities to lead your own teams in the workshops or grow into Site Foremen running your own teams and passing on your skills to the next generation.
You may even want to move into Design, Sales or Project Management; we will work with you to develop your future with Oakwrights for your benefit and ours.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance
Due to the large interest in this role it is not possible to feedback to all candidates individually. If you do not hear from us within two weeks – please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
No agencies please
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.