UK Jobs Board
Procurement & Compliance Manager
Manchester or Birmingham location
Salary £50,000 – £55,000 per annum
Plus excellent benefits and career progression
Our client is a global company providing technical services to some of the largest UK’s & worldwide engineering projects. You will be an integral part of a highly successful team that is committed to delivering ambitious projects.
You'll be responsible for managing a procurement compliance process across various complex project and central service supply chains. Fully supported by the Procurement, Tax and Finance teams, you'll work with project managers, project directors, purchasing managers and other buyers within the business to:
* Act as the first point of contact for ‘buyers’ when they are considering supplier options
* Identify, understand and manage risk during procurement phase of new and existing suppliers and subcontractors, and guide appropriately as to remedial actions.
* Ensure all compliance activities are completed on time, actions tracked, solutions agreed and documented and accurate timely reporting is provided
* Escalation of any risks to appropriate team – Legal, Tax, Finance, further within Procurement
* Post procurement – actively managing the supply chain to continually assess and audit ongoing risks to intervals agreed and amended from time to time.
* Risks will include supply chain tax compliance (IR35) as an initial focus, closely followed by reputational supplier searches, financial stability, contractual validity, new supplier onboarding and the like.
* Further important areas for identification and reporting will be sustainability, ethics-diversity and inclusion (EDI) and supplier performance scoring
* Ensure supplier contracts are submitted as part of the compliance process – escalating any concerns appropriately and as agreed.
* Maintain accurate database(s) and records of all activities undertaken, to permit audit trails of all decisions taken. Support the migration of any legacy databases to new platforms as and when they are implemented and available for use.
* You will be supported by a compliance officer, reporting to you, in the activities above.
* You will report to the Head of Procurement
Skills and experiences necessary
* Experience of providing a procurement/supply chain or similar compliance internal service in a complex environment
* Knowledge of supply chain/procurement compliance processes – SRM, Business Integrity, contracts, pre-qualification, frameworks and implementation of standards – will be an advantage
* Excellent digital skills, working with and maintaining data to a high standard using Microsoft platforms and ERP systems.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills, adept at working with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels and able to arrive a mutually acceptable solution
* Possess a positive, flexible and pragmatic approach to working
* We will consider a range of professional qualifications appropriate to the role.
Reward and Benefits
* There is a list of core benefits, these include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
* You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
* In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.