UK Jobs Board
Ready to take full ownership of one of the UK's flagship night cross-dock operations? Maybe you're already running the show but need a change, a new challenge, the opportunity to play an essential role in a new operational leadership team for a business that has experienced substantial growth over recent years and expects to continue to do so in the future? Check out the below.
What's on offer?
* Base salary of circa £60-65k
* Contributory pension
* Income protection scheme
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* On going professional development / training / qualification support
What will you be doing?
You'll be leading the night cross-dock operation from both a strategic and operational perspective, ensuring a team of circa 130 people are consistently hitting their kpis and SLA. You'll be keeping close to the workforce to build excellent relationships, driving a culture of respect, inclusion and opportunity, keeping moral and motivation levels high. You'll be responsible for the ongoing coaching, mentoring and development of an Operations Manager and a number of Shift Managers directly, and the rest of the night operation team indirectly. You'll constantly be looking for ways to improve, driving the business forward and ensuring it is able to cope with increased volumes coming about through consistent growth. This job is permanently on nights, with the night operation running from 7pm to 7am with varying shifts across those 12 hours – you'll be expected to manage your time across those shifts as and where it is needed to keep everything running smoothly.
Who will you be doing it for?
A successful, growing, logistics business recently voted number 1 in their particular sector. They operate out of a clean, modern site and benefit from a number of long serving key personnel. They believe in the ongoing professional training and development of their staff and will work with you to identify courses and qualifications that will further develop you and the quality of the operation you will be running. They have experienced significant growth over the last 5 years, continuing through COVID and this is anticipated to continue over the coming year, growth that you can be a part of.
What do you need to bring to the party?
In order to excel in this role it's expected that you'll be able to demonstrate the majority of the following skills and experience:
* Prove experience leading a large team in, and having full accountability for, a high volume, fast moving warehouse/logistics/distribution operation – ideally this will have been a cross-dock operation but this is not essential
* Outstanding relationship building, motivational and coaching/mentoring skills to drive a positive culture and help others realise their potential
* Any formal qualifications in, or experience of, lean and continuous improvement techniques is advantageous but not essential
* The gravitas and natural leadership ability to be able to build relationships and influence at all levels of a business
* Previous experience of working nights is preferred although again isn't essential
So if you're a creature of the night and the above sounds like the kind of challenge you are looking for and you fancy learning more, apply with a copy of your CV, or your LinkedIn profile, or drop us a line to discuss in more detail. Every application is reviewed by a person and everyone will get a response, it’s the least you deserve.
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.