UK Jobs Board
WARD, a growing Family owned company, are looking for an experienced Network Administrator to maintain their IT network infrastructure. Reporting to the IT manager and working along side 1st and 2nd line support colleagues, the appointed candidate will have responsibility for network infrastructure, site connections and firewalls as well as maintenance of Windows Server infrastructure, backups, software installs, feature setups, remote desktop administration and troubleshooting. The candidate will handle 3rd line support issues escalated from 1st & 2nd line colleagues.
The ideal candidate must have:
* IT Degree, apprenticeship or professional qualification.
* Experience with Windows server operating systems.
* A good knowledge of other MS products such as Exchange, MS SQL and Office products
* A good knowledge of network protocols and practises for both LAN and WAN.
* Knowledge of firewalls, WAN routing, VPN configuration and troubleshooting
* Experience with network hardware installations, switch configurations, new site setups, etc
* Driving license and own vehicle.
Also advantageous but not essential:
* Experience with CCTV/IP Camera systems
* Administration of Printers/ Print Servers
* Avaya Phone system skills
* Linux OS skills (mainly Ubuntu)
WARD use a very wide ranging collection of technologies and hardware so the role tends to be very varied. Although the candidate will be based at our Ilkeston offices, they will be required to visit other sites on occasion. In return, WARD offer a competitive salary, pension, training opportunities, mobile phone, laptop computer and access to our company benefit scheme “Re-WARD” which includes an array of various discounts and benefits
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.