UK Jobs Board
Monitoring and Compliance Analyst
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Reference number: WMCA00359
Salary: £29,829 to £34,899 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 4th July 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
We're looking for a Monitoring & Compliance Analyst to join our Business Planning & Performance Reporting Team on a fixed-term basis until June 2022. In this role, you will develop and maintain monitoring systems and processes to track project and programme delivery performance. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will engage with cross-functional teams and build relationships when establishing monitoring processes and verifying monitoring information.
Acting as the Business & Finance Hub's monitoring specialist and 'go to' for all monitoring questions and advice, you will provide an overview of all projects and programmes across the various funding streams, monitoring data returns, reporting and providing analysis of anomalies and areas of concern to the appropriate managers and challenge any discrepancies/ variances by collaborating with accountable leads.
What will you be doing?
* Maintain and facilitate the change request process and ensure the appropriate process and governance is being adhered to aligned to the assurance framework
* Ensure that there are timely and accurate monitoring data returns that are provided to the appropriate stakeholders
* Generate monitoring reports with subsequent analysis to enable oversight and assurance of project and programme delivery and financial progress
* Analyse monitoring information to identify and report variances to baseline
* Develop and improve monitoring systems, processes and reports
* Lead on 'lessons learned' exercises with both internal and external stakeholders
* Establish and maintain monitoring records for projects and programmes with appropriate configuration management acting as the custodian and of master monitoring information
* Ensure monitoring is conducted in line with the grant and/or funding agreement
Skilled at presenting complex management information in an easy to follow and understandable format, you'll be someone who can analyse large amounts of data relating to project delivery and communicate findings to a technical and non-technical audience. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Familiar with project management/project delivery language and process
* Knowledge and experience using IT services and packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and 365
* Understanding of regional data sets related to economic and social conditions
* Can demonstrate knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas – monitoring and evaluation, research, analytics, project/programme management.
* Ability to communicate and support/influence across all levels of stakeholders
* Strong negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
* Results-oriented and excellent attention to detail
* Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills
* Self-motivated and able to deliver and use own initiative to complete tasks
* Exhibit proactive and creative thinking when faced with challenges that require resolution
* Ability to plan and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously, managing own time accordingly to meet deadlines
* Emotional intelligence and an ability to recognise and deal with delicate situations
* Ability to work as part of a broad team within a virtual working environment
About the team
Our Finance & Business Hub provides essential high-quality, responsive, and agile enabling services to the West Midlands Combined Authority and its directorates in areas such as human resources, procurement, commercial investments, assurance and appraisal, financial control and administration, and financial and business planning and performance reporting.
We are a cohesive team of forward-thinking, insightful, innovative and high-performing professionals who, through our?consultative and business partnering approach, influence, support and coach managers and senior leaders to help them achieve business objectives. By doing so, we help to ensure sound decisions are made and it is in this capacity that?we act as a respected point of contact within the organisation.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we've shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that's our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a "Leaders in Diversity" accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
We're ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us. We're committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our online application site
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.