UK Jobs Board
Position: Medical Secretary
Reports to: Office Manager
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Depending on experience
* To be responsible for provision of a comprehensive and professional secretarial and administration service to clinicians and management at the surgery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To be responsible for providing an audio and word processing service to the doctors, nurses and managers, undertaking the typing and preparation of all correspondence, reports and other documentation as required.
* To undertake the typing and preparation of clinicians’ referral letters and where necessary contacting the hospital to arrange appointments and admissions.
* To be responsible for answering, directing and responding to telephone calls as appropriate: ensuring patients are communicated with in an effective manner and problems are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
* To action incoming and outgoing mail, assigning priority and taking any action necessary
* To deal with patient enquiries, exercising initiative and taking the necessary action to ensure queries are dealt with in a confidential and efficient manner.
* To validate and input data into various clinical systems to ensure electronic patient records are accurately maintained, results filed and brought to the attention of clinicians where appropriate
* To work as part of the medical secretariat team; ensuring effective communication, providing cover for colleagues as required including assistance with the completion of medical and insurance reports
* To undertake a range of clerical duties including maintenance of clinical templates, other written correspondence, filing, photocopying, audits and collation of data as required
* To be responsible for ensuring adequate stocks of secretarial items are held and equipment appropriately maintained.
* To undertake any other tasks deemed to be within the remit of, and considered appropriate to, the post.
Duties may vary from time to time to suit the needs of the Partnership, or in order to conform to any new NHS working practices or contracts. Therefore new areas of responsibility may arise
At no time should the post holder undertake any action which may be detrimental to the Partnership or contravene any NHS or legal regulations
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.