UK Jobs Board
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Engineering sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer providing first line support for an innovative frozen food company entering a new growth phase. In this position, you will be responsible for testing, fault finding, repairing and up-grading freezers and other equipment prior to shipment across the UK and Europe.
They are a very exciting role within a fun and interesting environment. The role will consist of a mixture of 1st line Telephone support for off site equipment, assisting with fixing and repairs over the telephone. The rest of the role will be repairing, maintaining and part building new machines, full training will be given.
The role will be working Monday to Friday 09.00 to 18.00 with potential weekend cover required.
Mechanical Engineer’s Support Core Duties
* Providing first line technical support for all customer queries that come in via phone/email
* Logging all technical issues and responding to all queries/tickets within 24hrs
* Producing reports in relation to technical issues/SLAs
* Developing and implementing quality control measures that effectively monitor products and guarantee desired results
* Reworking any machines that have failed in the field
* Designing and implementing cost-reductive changes
* Diagnosing origin of breakdowns, including human error, and troubleshooting problems
* Communicating with clients and vendors to obtain materials and/or equipment needed
* Improving product reliability to < 1% doa rate and an annual reliability of > 98%
Mechanical Engineer’s Support Skills Required
* Formal qualification in mechanical engineering
* Experience in electrical hardware fault finding and repair to component level (desirable)
* Excellent customer service experience and exemplary telephone and comms skills
* A "can-do" attitude with enthusiasm and a tolerance for ambiguity
Are you enthusiastic about the Mechanical Engineers Support job? Send us your CV in word format today
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.