UK Jobs Board
The Master Scheduler has a dotted line responsibility for the co-ordination of up to 8 Logistics Analysts ensuring they are performing the planning tasks as defined in their job description.
My client is a leading automotive manufacturer based in Coventry
* Create and maintain a production schedule that is efficient, minimises cycle times, and effectively controls inventory. This position will analyse production history and current customer demand, using data to create the most accurate plan to be used within SAP.
* Plan, prepare, maintain and report on performance of the master production schedule (MPS)
* The Master Scheduler is responsible for ensuring a level-loaded production schedule is realised, analysing capacity, and implementing valid build schedules to the production teams.
* Development of the material planner group to a high level of proficiency in all areas of their role
* To ensure a robust sales & ordering processing procedure that accounts for capacity verses demand and drives a synchronised flow through the value streams.
* Develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP)
* Lead the master production schedule and ensure a consistent hand off of planning information to the
production work cells via the Material Planner.
* Maintain a valid capacity requirements plan that supports the master production schedule. Using tools
such as CM07.
* Identify and manage bottlenecks and capacity opportunities, co-ordination internally and externally,
* Establish and maintain production scheduling processes and formal master production schedule
review and sign off.
* Development, maintenance and communication of key performance indicators (KPIs) that are
consistent with business strategies and plant-level performance measures.
* Mentor LO Analysts on production planning process, inventory planning, and scheduling.
* Generate information on Independent Demand items for use in the sales and operations planning
* Establish and monitor SAP system parameters, including safety stock levels for finished goods and
raw material inventories.
* Monitor Planning performance through the development and maintenance of individual LO Analysts
objectives and KPI's.
* Manage SAP inspection process
* Undertake other projects and activities as required
* Structured system and process thinker. Analytical with the capability of implementing processes
and procedures. Independent, self-motivating, pro-active. Strong leadership skills.
* Negotiation and communication skills
* Project management experience in logistics involving both leadership and participation
* Understanding of Lean production principles
* Strong leadership skills
* Competent in the use of MS Office
* 3 to 5 years of progressive experience within an automotive environment
* Extensive experience with the use of SAP across all modules
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.