UK Jobs Board
Marketing and Business Development Manager – City Law Firm – up to £70k + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager, with Business Development experience, to join a leading City Law firm on a permanent basis as soon as possible.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing Marketing and Business Development strategy across a number of practice areas and cross-firm groups.
Key areas of activity will include producing content and collateral, pitches and presentations, organising events and sponsorships, managing directory entries, maintaining key account processes and planning and reporting on spend.
We’re looking for a strong generalist marketeer with experience ideally gained within a legal environment or professional services organisation.
With a good understanding of how to add value in the Business Development arena, you will provide both hands-on and operational/strategic support.
Key responsibilities as the Marketing and Business Development Manager will include:
* Creating practice and group Marketing and Business Development plans
* Implementing, monitoring, measuring and reporting on activity
* Ensuring the practice area is represented in appropriate listings, rankings and directories, through earned and purchased channels
* Producing articles, blogs, white papers, videos, credentials and brochures to assist in developing the company’s reputation
* Creating a programme of owned and purchased events (on and offline) to assist in building and sustaining client relationships
* Leading on creation of client presentations and pitches and responses to tender requests to assist in winning revenue
* Planning, monitoring and reporting on activity, pipeline and revenue from key client accounts and referrers
* Line management of up to three Business Development & Marketing Executives
* Plus more
What we’re looking for:
* Strong generalist experience in a marketing role, with a focus on Business Development, within a legal firm or professional services organisation
* Strong academics ideally including a marketing degree / qualification
* Clear understanding of business development and marketing and how to add value in the Business Development arena
* Experienced in planning, budgeting and reporting
* Experience of directories and league table submissions
* Pitch and presentation creation experience
* Experienced in using data to assist decision making and reporting on ROI
* Ability to provide hands on, operational and strategic level support
* Excellent project management skills
* Impeccable organisation and attention to detail
* Confident communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
* IT literate including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are essential)
* Ability to learn new software quickly
* Knowledge of email marketing tools and CRM systems is preferable
* Flexible and proactive team player
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines
What’s on offer?
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package and standard working hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm, although flexibility over hours will be needed in order to attend events as required.
If this role is of interest to you and you have the right experience that we’re looking for then please ensure your CV showcases your skills and experience in the best light. We’re expecting a high volume of applications for this role so please make sure all your relevant experience is evident on your CV.
Please submit quoting ‘LO – Marketing and Business Development Manager – City Law Firm
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.