UK Jobs Board
Manufacturing Engineer – Smethwick, West Midlands with frequent travel throughout the UK.
You will be accountable for the identification and delivery of data driven process improvement within the business unit in line with delivering the Operational targets.
Responsible for effective delivery of structured improvement projects through the deployment of lean tools and operator training to ensure company targets and objectives are achieved to meet customer requirements.
Strive to continually improve using Lean tools to reduce costs, stabilise processes, improve production efficiency and quality. Act with minimum supervision.
* Own the resolution of customer concerns. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues.
* Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
* Co-ordinate cross functional teams to define, with supporting SOP’s, the optimum method of running processes to delivery product consistency and maximum efficiency.
* Identify opportunities to improve current processes through tooling or plant investment and work with local supervision to deliver the benefits in a timely manner.
* Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
* Deploy appropriate metrics/ process confirmation tools to ensure sustainment of any gains achieved.
* Identify improvements to the Total Productive Maintenance procedures to further improve the availability of the line.
* Design new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
* Liaise with suppliers and customers.
* Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Relevant manufacturing qualification such as IET or IMechE, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
* Lean qualification
* Six Sigma Green Belt or above
* Membership of an industry related professional body would be advantageous
* Qualified trainer is advantageous
* Background in manufacturing and/or engineering environments
* Background in project management
Core competencies (Technical)
* Lean manufacturing techniques
* Visual factory knowledge
* Continuous improvement techniques
* Data analysis techniques
* PC skills
Core competencies (Job related)
* Excellent leadership and management skills
* A practical and logical approach to problem-solving
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
* Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
* Commercially and financially aware
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.