UK Jobs Board
MMP Consultancy are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Surveyor to work an interim contract with a public sector housing organisation in London.
This is a temp role paying £23.31 per hour (inside IR35) and work based in sites around Southeast London mostly working remotely.
– Responsible to the Senior Building Surveyor for the delivery of building surveying services in relation to the functions of the Disability & Home Improvement Team.
– Advise members of the public and colleagues of options in relation to repairs, improvements and adaptations of residential dwellings.
– Include advice on Council policy in relation to disabled adaptations, private sector renewal, empty properties, repairs to adaptations, handyperson services and any other associated services.
– Carry out the full range of building surveying tasks associated with the identification, specification and implementation of building and associated works to residential properties.
– Procure contractors to undertake building and associated works in line with the Council's Contract Standing Orders and local procedures or use existing procurement arrangements such as Schedule of Rates contracts or preferred provider arrangements.
– Ensure the contractors understand their duties and cost implications, liaise to get work done quickly and efficiently. Post inspect all completed works.
– Understand the needs of the tenant and ensure you manage their expectation of work whilst maintaining high quality service.
– Comply with elements of health and safety throughout work from pre to post inspection.
– Ensure record keeping is detailed and efficiently stored.
– Excellent diagnostic skills, specification writing, post inspections and building maintenance are all part a varied and interesting job.
Business related parking and mileage is paid.
Ongoing rolling contract at 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.