UK Jobs Board
About the Company
· One of the UK's largest dealer groups with a network of around 30 locations
· Multiple manufacturer franchise with HGV & LCV compatibility
Duties of LCV Technician
· Observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
· Examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
· To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
· Carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturer's protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
· To draw the attention to any faults, notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
· To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
· Attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
· Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
· To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
· To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
· To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e., PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
Requirements of LCV Technician
· A minimum Level 3 City & Guilds / NVQ in Vehicle Repair with a proven track record as a Technician
· Manufacturer training up to diagnostic level.
· A full valid UK driving license
· Previous Main Dealer experience is a distinct advantage.
Benefits/Details of LCV Technician
· Rotating shifts – Week 1: Mon – Fri 07:00am – 16:00pm Week 2: Mon – Fri 09:00am – 18:00pm + Sat 08:00am – 12:00pm
· 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
· Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, on-line and in supermarkets
· Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
· Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
· Discounted Healthcare schemes
· Life assurance
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.