UK Jobs Board
What’s it all about?
This role is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is a hands-on software developer role operating within the Solution Delivery team. This individual will be expected to work within an Agile scrum team, picking up prioritised stories from the backlog for development. The developer will be expected to take instruction from more senior developers but to be responsible for the quality of their own code and to write sufficient unit and integration tests to cover the acceptance criteria. You will need to actively participate in all agile ceremonies, such as ensuring requirements and acceptance criteria are well understood and complete as well the story estimation and sprint planning processes.
We are seeking someone who has commercial Java software development experience, ideally within an agile environment with strong exposure to a test first mentality, utilising continuous integration.
About the Team
The Solution Delivery team within the overall Technology function is responsible for the full software delivery lifecycle of the core payments platform. This includes technical analysis, software development, testing and release management.
This is the largest team within technology and is comprised of multiple teams working both onshore and offshore across several time zones. All teams utilise agile delivery methods conforming to the scaled agile framework (SAFe).
The outputs and deliverables from this team are mission critical to the successful execution of the corporate strategy. As such, this team demands high standards with regards to software quality, reliability, scalability and cyber security.
Skills & Experience
The areas flagged below are the essential needs associated with the role but do not reflect an exhaustive listing of the required skills and experience to fulfil it. Any additional elements that will further enhance the ability to execute the role are most beneficial.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Writes and maintains core components of the overall payments processing platform. Over time you will be expected to develop deep knowledge and understanding of its construct and function.
* Ensure written code is clean and well-structured with appropriate tests and documentation that meets the agreed requirements.
* Maintains an up-to-date perspective on software development techniques and industry best practice.
* Reviews and promotes the introduction of appropriate tools and processes to support development activities.
* Ensures all relevant activities are completed as part of software development (e.g. attends stand up meetings, timely updates to tasks, user stories, etc.).
* Freely shares knowledge with other members of the team and the company.
* Contributes regularly and positively to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
* Responds promptly and professionally to requests for support.
* Supports incident management to fix Production issues when they occur and the restoration of service as rapidly as possible.
* Work closely with Business Analysts, Technical Architects and other Developers to achieve a high-quality coded output.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with other members of the scrum team as well as with business analysts and product owners when required.
* Self-starter and self-motivated, with the ability to challenge and question the status quo in an appropriate manner while addressing the broad needs of the organisation and more locally with the delivery team.
* Attention to detail in all areas of work: design, documentation, coding, testing, and following agreed processes.
* Effective prioritisation and multi-tasking – able to prioritise quickly and effectively. Maintains a can-do attitude.
* Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity and work on multiple concurrent activities.
* Calm under pressure and naturally curious to solve problems, explore new techniques and technologies.
* Able to work with and manage delivery teams that are geographically dispersed and across time zones.
* An accomplished developer with who has worked in a team of 30 or more on large codebases
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.