UK Jobs Board
We are recruiting for a Band 7 Infection Prevention and Control Manager to join a private hospital in St Johns Wood, London.
Infection Prevention and Control Manager Job Role:
You will provide expert clinical advice and leadership for the infection control service to support the Chief Nursing Officer (Director of Infection Prevention and Control) to ensure patients are protected from the risk of acquiring Health Care Associated Infections (HCAI) and sustaining an environment in which excellence in clinical care can flourish.
The Chosen candidate will work closely with Chief Nursing Officer, Consultant Microbiologists, Consultants, Heads of Departments, Link Practitioners for Infection Prevention and Control, Medical Director and the Director of Governance and Risk.
You will have the authority to challenge inappropriate clinical hygiene practice, and will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategy, policies and plans for the infection prevention and control service.
* Registered General Nurse with the NMC.
* Must demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development within the specialist areas of Infection Control and Prevention
* Degree in infection prevention and control or related area of nursing.
* Knowledge and understanding of the relevant Infection Prevention and Control legislation.
* Significant post registration experience in an acute/relevant healthcare setting.
* Proven experience establishing effective working relationships with Managers and colleagues
* Experience of providing expert advice to new clinical environments, patient pathways and processes
* The requisite clinical knowledge and high level of competence in order to lead on infection control within clinical practice and service quality.
* A high standard of professionalism, initiative and innovation in the delivery of service.
* Resilience, composure and openness to change.
* Knowledge of quality assurance practices and their application to nursing procedures.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in person, on telephone, fax, letters or email.
* The ability to lead out and bring projects / initiatives to completion
* Results orientated and a passion for improving the service.
Infection Prevention & Control Manager Responsibilities:
* Act as the organizations expert and clinical lead for infection prevention and control, providing expert advice to clinicians, managers and other staff to manage infectious outbreaks and other untoward incidents.
* Review, develop and implement a strategy and policies for Infection Prevention and Control across the organisation.
* Work collaboratively across the care pathway to promote an integrated approach to infection control, including the development of antibiotic prescribing policies, food hygiene practices, cleaning of facilities, decontamination and estates management.
* Be a visible presence within the hospital by conducting weekly walkabouts and visiting all departments to check on the standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
* Responsible for providing infection control and prevention input in the procurement of specialist equipment.
* Provide expert advice on equipment decontamination issues and work closely with the Theatre Manager to support comprehensive Decontamination audits.
* Ensure delivery of an annual programme of infection control audits, advising on the use of suitable audit tools for local audits and regularly undertaking major audits using appropriate research tools, analysing and evaluating the outcomes and ensuring change in practice as required. Validation audits to be carried out monthly to ensure the quality of audit results
* Lead on the interpretation of national policy relating to infection prevention and control, which will be adapted to local level and monitor the implementation of these policies.
* Assess the impact of all existing and new clinical policies and plans on the delivery of effective infection control and make recommendations for change.
* Plan and coordinate the infection prevention and control committee and use it as a reference group for policy development, review and assurance of evidence of compliance with national standards.
* Advise on infection prevention and control in relation to service developments and redesign, new build projects and practice development.
Apply Today To Secure A Quick Interview
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.