UK Jobs Board
ICT Web Developer
Location: Regent’s Park, London
Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time
Contract: 1 Year Fixed-Term
Salary: Dependent on experience
Enhancements: London Weighting
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct
ZSL is looking for an ICT Web Developer to perform web programming and web development task on ZSL developed applications. The successful candidate will have oversight of the ZPD system and will ensure that the application is well organised in a way that supports bug fixing work / minor improvement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Liaising with staff who require databases or websites solutions with web front ends and identifying requirements.
* Design and requirements capture.
* Specifying and writing reports and queries to extract data from databases as required by users
* Writing and maintaining all technical and user documentation
* Preparing testing scripts and performing testing
* Supporting core line of business systems, including analysis and triage of application issues in conjunction with the IT Service Desk
* Performing basic maintenance, configuration and setup tasks on core line of business systems
Core Skills Required:
* WAMP/LAMP environments (Windows/Linux, Apache, MySQL, MSSQL, PHP)
* PHP (Inc. Laravel, PHP7)
* MySQL (Writing of complex SQL queries, relational databases)
* HTML, CSS
* WordPress (updating themes and plugins)
* Git / GitHub (version control & management)
* Writing technical and user documentation
Beneficial to have:
* PhpMyAdmin / Navicat (database interfaces)
* Linux commands & Server configuration
Closing date for applications: 27th June 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales.
No agencies please
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.