UK Jobs Board
Milestone Education are supporting a Coventry based Trust with recruitment and require an ICT Technician to work across schools in the trust.
This is a permanent position via probation hire – (temp-to-perm 12 weeks)
· Under direction of the Trust Strategic Network Manager and working as part of the Trust ICT team to support, develop and maintain the ICT infrastructure ensuring the provision of high-quality ICT services to all schools, staff, and students.
· To assist other members of the ICT team in the delivery of ICT services and provide cover for team members as required. Responsibilities
· To provide first line technical support for users of school ICT systems and equipment.
· To operate the ICT help desk system, ensuring all service requests are accurately and promptly logged whether reported in person, by telephone, email, or other method.
· To diagnose, detect and resolve a wide range of PC, laptop, tablet, printer, peripheral, network and software faults.
· To perform routine maintenance tasks on ICT systems and equipment, including the imaging of devices to ensure operating systems are up to date and secure.
· To assist in the installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance, support, and development of the school’s network infrastructure. This includes (but is not limited to) switches, routers, cabling, remote access, internet access, web filter, email filter, firewall, wireless, video conferencing and security.
· To install, administrate, maintain, and support school ICT systems and applications as directed by senior colleagues. This includes (but is not limited to) servers, management information systems (e.g., SIMS, 4Matrix, etc.), email, anti-virus, and cloud-based systems.
· To update the Trust’s websites’ content and support in development of new content / structure when necessary, working with the Strategic Network Manager and Curriculum Network Manager for current and accurate information.
· To assist with ensuring the security and integrity of school data by controlling system and network security permissions and passwords for all users.
· To provide technical training and guidance to staff and students
· To evaluate new systems and equipment and advise on compatibility with other school systems and obtain competitive quotes.
· Participate in professional development opportunities with a willingness to develop additional skills and expertise
· Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the trust
· To promote and prioritise the safeguarding of all pupils and students
· To undertake any other duties and any reasonable instructions as requested by the Strategic Network Manager and Curriculum Network Manager
Please send your CV for consideration
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.