UK Jobs Board
ICT Technician – Coventry
Twenty 4 seven education are seeking an ICT Technician to join a great team working on all schools to develop and maintain the ICT infrastructure ensuring the provision of high quality ICT services for all students and staff. This position is permanent with opportunities to develop and conquer new challenges. You must be able to support staff and students using the appropriate use of IT to help assist.
Your main responsibilities:
· To provide first line technical support for users of school ICT systems and equipment.
· To operate the ICT help desk system, ensuring all service requests are accurately and promptly logged whether reported in person, by telephone, email or other method.
· To ensure support tickets are kept fully up to date with actions taken to resolve issues, escalate ICT service requests to appropriate colleagues within the ICT team, and monitor the progress of tickets.
· To diagnose, detect and resolve a wide range of PC, laptop, tablet, printer, peripheral, network and software faults.
· To install and configure software applications, operating systems and updates.
· To Install and configure ICT equipment as directed by senior colleagues.
· To perform routine maintenance tasks on ICT systems and equipment, including the imaging of devices to ensure operating systems are up to date and secure.
· To assist with the provision of portable equipment such as laptops and projectors.
· To provide cover for ICT team members as required, and assist senior colleagues with the resolution of service requests and technical projects.
· To assist in the installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance, support and development of the school’s network infrastructure. This includes (but is not limited to) switches, routers, cabling, remote access, internet access, web filter, email filter, firewall, wireless, video conferencing and security.
· Using the Trust Asset management system to maintain accurate and up to date records of ICT hardware and ensure accurate stock control and record keeping.
· Using the Trust asset management system to maintain a library of ICT software and for maintaining accurate and up to date records of software licenses, ensuring all software is legal.
· To install, administrate, maintain and support school ICT systems and applications as directed by senior colleagues. This includes (but is not limited to) servers, management information systems (e.g. SIMS, 4Matrix, etc.), email, anti-virus, and cloud-based systems.
· To update the Trust’s websites’ content and support in development of new content / structure when necessary, working with the Strategic Network Manager and Curriculum Network Manager for current and accurate information.
· To assist with ensuring the security and integrity of school data by controlling system and network security permissions and passwords for all users.
· To provide technical training and guidance to staff and students
· To evaluate new systems and equipment, and advise on compatibility with other school systems and obtain competitive quotes.
· To undertake ICT projects as directed by senior colleagues.
· To support fellow members of the ICT team in the fulfilment of their duties, and provide cover as required.
· Comply with all departmental and school policies and procedures.
· Any other duties that are within the spirit and the scope of the job purpose and its grading, as
· You must have 5 GCSE’s including maths and English
· Willingness and ability to obtain and enhance qualifications and training for the post
· Strong technical understanding of ICT systems
· Up to date knowledge of developments within ICT and equipment, hardware and software applications
· Organised and approachable
· Punctual and a great work ethic
Does this sound like your next ICT Technician Or would you like to hear more about this and other roles in throughout Coventry then please apply now to be contacted
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.