Excellent leadership skills
• 5 years + experience working in HSQE as a Manager with a Rail Systems Company
• Come form a main contractor background
• Recognised industry Health and Safety qualification, e.g. BSc or NEBOSH Diploma, IEMA Practitioner.
• Minimum Grad IOSH, working towards CMIOSH
• NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management/ IEAMA qualification
• IRCA certified lead auditor
• Experienced in RISQS auditing / management
• Excellent IT skills
• Knowledge of the TfL QUENSH condition / requirements and rail standards.
• Experienced in high risk construction environment
• Be a recognised practitioner in safety discipline with well-established industry networks.
• Have a proven ability to network, collaborate and influence peer group
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
• Be a dynamic, energetic individual who is looking to develop and grow within the organisation
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintain the company’s Management System procedures and policies. Periodically, review policies, procedures and update as necessary to recognise legislation and/or changing industry requirements
• Responsible for ensuring that that Company management systems meet the requirements for RISQS product codes, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
• Manage and grow a team of health & safety professionals to improve health & safety performance.
• Provide Advice and guidance to the HSQE team / Project Management team in reviewing and maintaining Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Plans.
• Ensure all sites are subject to surveillance, inspection and audits as per an agreed master schedule, records kept, and data uploaded into the appropriate systems.
• Own, deploy, embed (with divisional leads) business policies and procedures/processes.
• Assist in the development of a culture of personal safety through behavioural based safety, best practice and innovation throughout the company.
• Provide HSQE advice and to Directors, Divisional Leads and Management teams.
• Advise Delivery Teams on HSQE matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
• To advise the Director and Senior Management Team on the implications of current and emerging H&S legislation and rail standards (LU and Network Rail).
• Lead on Incident and accident reporting and investigation following any reported incidents. Perform rapid-response incident investigations. Ensure appropriate incident controls and emergency planning arrangements are in place across all rail projects. Follow- up on audit trail of any post-incident recommendations and areas for learning.
• Produce monthly business HSQE report
• Ensure continual compliance to Network Rail Standards including developing and maintaining rail site competencies to sufficient levels across the organisation