UK Jobs Board
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced HR Employee Relations Advisor in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Purpose of job:
To provide professional advice and guidance to all managers on a wide range of people related areas. Working to deliver the corporate vision and objectives by supporting the further development of a highly skilled, well motivated and flexible workforce efficiently delivering cost effective services. Supporting managers to achieve their service objectives through the effective management of the workforce and delivery of value for money services that meet business needs and constantly focus on improving services.
The HR Business Partner Team plays a leading role in the Council’s transformation programme becoming enablers and champions of change to deliver a dynamic, performance focused and flexible workforce that can meet the demands of the changing environment and priorities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Provide professional advice and guidance to Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Service and Managers on the full range of people management issues, in order to achieve the timely delivery of business focused outcomes.
• Provide advice and guidance and training to managers in the application and interpretation of HR principles, policies and practices to promote best practice on HR issues balancing people management risks against business outcome risks.
• To ensure that grievance, disciplinary and capability issues are brought to an effective conclusion within agreed timescales and raise any concerns in an appropriate forum.
• To ensure that all Employment Tribunal cases are handled efficiently and effectively and in the best interests of the Council.
• To support the development of a framework of HR principles and policies to support Council objectives by providing regular input to and feedback on the effectiveness of HR policies and principles to ensure they best meet the business need of Departments and Corporate objectives of the Council.
• To support colleagues in ensuring co-ordination of project and policy development and the enhancement of information provision and service to customers.
• Contribute to corporate HR projects in order to support the development of the organisation culture which is customer focused, motivated and performance driven and committed to continuous improvement.
• To work in partnership with all managers in the development and maintenance of good working relationships with the Trade Unions.
• Breadth and depth of experience/knowledge within the HR environment.
• 2 years experience of providing HR Advice to a range of manager.
• Experience of using hr information systems.
• 3 Years Reference.
• Due to the nature of this role, we will only be accepting candidates who already are in possession of a valid Disclosure Scotland Basic Check within the last 12 months.
• BPSS Verification Record.
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please note your application has not been successful on this occasion
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.