UK Jobs Board
bout the Company
· One of the UK's largest dealer groups with a network of around 30 locations
· Multiple manufacturer franchise with HGV & LCV compatibility
Duties of HGV Driver Trainer
· Checking vehicles in and pre delivery preparation before handing over to the Area Sales Manager
· Liaising with the Service and Parts Departments to ensure vehicles are processed in a timely manner ensuring that they are given adequate notice to order accessories and schedule the vehicle(s) into the Workshop Loading module.
· Provide full sales support to the Area Sales Managers, including the co-ordination of customer deliveries and vehicle handovers thereby maximising their customer facing time.
· To work with the Sales Team maintaining office support for the Area Sales Managers whilst they are in the field.
· Complete vehicle handovers and driver training when required and in-line with the manufacturers and Motus Commercials requirements and expectations.
· To actively support the Truck Sales Team to meet both the company and manufacturers annual volumes, the dealer KPI targets in your area of responsibility or influence and assist us to deliver exceptional service levels for our customers', colleagues and manufacturer partners.
· To assist with and in the smooth running of the department and actively promote our working together as a team value.
· Assist the Sales Team in general on a daily basis, whilst office or yard based.
· Have an open and planned diary in place for all driver training and vehicle handover events.
· To handle all customer and supplier's enquiries in a professional manner, in-line with our business principles that maintain our integrity and an ethical code of conduct.
· To notify and follow-up internal queries in a timely and professional manner.
· Supply relevant information to the admin team to assist them to maintain the Vehicle Status Reporting System to progress vehicles from order to delivery.
· To liaise with your sales colleagues for timely and agreed delivery of new or used vehicles.
· To ensure that before the handover is complete that all the relevant documents are attached and signed for, during the handover process, including account forms where applicable.
· To pass on our Aftersales teams contact details to new customers during the vehicle handover process.
· To attend all the relevant manufacturing training courses for vehicle handover and driver training and or any on-line courses that are agreed with the TSM.
· To keep up to date, with all of the products we sell, to allow you to deliver any customer driver training to the highest standard.
· To ensure that we maintain a high standard of cleanliness and professionalism within the working and vehicle display areas and a presentable personal appearance whilst representing the company in the office, at customers and in any matter related to the business.
· To ensure that all necessary documentation is applied for/in place as per 'Deal File' checklist.
· To assist and maintain an orderly filing system for the Sales Department and with the accurate upkeep of all chassis files in accordance with the audit requirements.
· To notify all breaches of Company Policies and Procedures to your Line Manager.
· To report any broken, damaged or faulty equipment to your Line Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy and observe the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
· To work to the best of your ability at all times and always seek advice or guidance when unsure
Requirements of HGV Driver Trainer
· HGV Class 1 license
· Minimum 5 years HGV driving experience
· Acceptance of modern technology in latest vehicles
· In-depth operational knowledge of latest vehicle safety features
· knowledge of direct vision standards
· Awareness of low emission zones would be beneficial
· Excellent inter personal skills, able to forge strong customer relationships
· Confident and versatile able to communicate clearly to various positions from drivers to directors
· Passionate brand ambassador
· Excellent timekeeper
· Clear communicator
· Friendly personality
· Flexible approach to hours of working as adaptability is required
· Strong IT skills with high capabilities within Microsoft office suite
Benefits/Details of HGV Driver Trainer
· Monday – Friday 8:00am – 17:00pm
· Discounted Car Scheme
· 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years' service
· Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
· Onsite mental health first aiders
· Discounted Healthcare scheme
· Life Assurance
· Being brilliant awards
· Career progression opportunities
· Internal engagement initiatives
· Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.