UK Jobs Board
iCare24 Group is a leading healthcare provider supplying staffing solutions into the NHS and Private healthcare sector nationally. Awarded on National Frameworks as an approved NHS Supplier.
Our Finance function acts as a Shared Service for 9 Businesses. Due to rapid expansion, we are looking for a Head of Finance to Lead our team of 5 People
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic recruitment business, with a driven and engaged team, and to help us to develop our business even further.
This role would suit someone with recruitment industry knowledge who’s worked in SME environment and who is content to spend time on ‘day to day’ finance tasks as well as the more strategic business finance plans and projects. As part of the Executive Team, you will be confident in your area of expertise and working at Board level, you will be willing to be challenged. You should be highly organised and methodical in your approach to work as well as being driven and ambitious.
We are offering a great opportunity to grow within a modern, forward-thinking business with an ambitious growth plan.
This role is a “hands-on” role, responsible for the management of a small finance team of 5 (2x Assistant Management Accountants and 2x Finance Assistant and a payroll executive) and its reporting requirements on a day-to-day basis.
This role aims to provide accurate financial information in a timely manner to the key business stakeholders and is an active member of the Executive Team – able to develop and react to operational plans and change across the business.
* Production of budgets and management accounts that accurately reflect the business activity, that accruals and other adjustments are being made correctly, and that variances from budget and other issues are investigated and resolved.
* Forecasting income and cost and ensuring cash flow is managed. Daily liquidity monitoring, including the escalation of variances and management of concentration risk.
* Managing the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines.
* Production of finance based statutory and regulatory reporting, including, annual accounts, VAT and Tax.
* Working with stakeholders to review and calculate the profitability of existing and potential customers, including the tracking of initial sales revenue projections against actual received.
* Working with the Executive Committee to produce strategy and financial plans with an eye on regulatory and industry change and the impacts on the function.
* Developing finance policies and procedures and ensuring that these are being consistently followed.
* Preparation of financial information and reporting on the overall business risk assessment of the group’s finances.
* Ownership of corporate banking relationships and oversight of operational banking relationships, where managed within Operational Finance.
* Establishment of an effective Treasury Management function within the team, liaising with Operational Finance
* Oversight functions where required concerning Client Money.
* Oversight of corporate bank reconciliation.
* Ensuring efficient processing of monthly and weekly Payroll and pension payments and all required reporting.
* Review and ownership of the Financial Business Continuity plan.
* Management of the Finance team, training, mentoring
* Production of: Annual statutory accounts and tax returns, Quarterly VAT returns, Annual and quarterly FCA returns, Monthly management accounts
* Identification of any issues within the team and escalating via the appropriate channel
* Ownership of all finance processes
* Monitoring of corporate cashflow and liaison with Operational Finance function regarding good monitoring of operational cashflow
* Treasury management
* Good Understanding of Payroll
* Good Understanding of Credit Control
Education, Experience & Skills
– A Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/) – or equivalent, with relevant business experience
– A knowledge of business operations processes, in Financial Services
– Financial Services / FCA experience advantageous
– Mergers & Acquisitions experience advantageous
– Proven administrative, leadership and management experience
– Experience in devising and implementing strategic development and resource plans
– Previous experience of running a small finance function including payroll, PAYE, NIC, VAT, Payments, banking arrangements, accounts preparation and audit and other accounting transactions, adhering to proper controls and processes
– Demonstrated experience of using Sage/Xero/QuickBooks Accounting and translating raw financial data into accessible management information and recommendations for action
– Significant demonstrated experience of preparation of management and annual accounts, business analysis and management information and the development, maintenance and monitoring of management information systems and procedures
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
– Reliable, honest and trustworthy
– Ideally experienced in board/senior executive – level operating and delivery and able to demonstrate excellent influencing skills within this field
Experience within the recruitment sector Advantageous
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it’s time to get your application started.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.