UK Jobs Board
Looking for a fully qualified / experienced AP to manage our Group sites and also external sites.
Will sit under the H&S team.
* Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
* Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
* Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
* Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
* Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
* Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
* Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
* Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
* Attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals.
* Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
* Ensure equipment is installed safely.
* Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos.
* Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
* Minimum of 3+ years in a similar role.
* NEBOSH Qualified or other H&S related qualification.
* IT skills.
* Attention to detail.
* A flexible approach to work
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.