UK Jobs Board
Geologist / Geo-Environmental Engineer
I am working with a busy established SME who provide contracting and consultancy to their clients and are looking for an Engineering Geologist / Geo-Environmental Engineer to join them in their offices based in Coventry.
You will be expected to undertake a full range of office and site based tasks within your skill base, which is expected to grow over time with experience and both in-house and external training.
* Arranging approvals and permissions to facilitate site works.
* Supervision of fieldworks (including drilling rigs etc.) ensuring sub-contractors can achieve maximum output (provision of consumables etc).
* On site logging of samples and core; overseeing the digging and logging of pits; in-situ testing and taking of environmental and geotechnical samples of soil, water and gas.
* Assisting engineers and site staff in all activities to ensure the efficient running of investigations to obtain high quality ground investigation data.
* Training junior staff members in areas of core competency and gaining knowledge from senior staff in those areas of less experience
* Seeking and obtaining service drawings from contracts file / Client or utilities companies. Ensuring access and other permissions are obtained prior to commencing fieldwork.
* Obtaining a full understanding of job scope, contract information and financial analysis of tender to enable precise instructions to be given to sub-contractors and other engineers where necessary.
* Preparing and issuing instructions to subcontractors and other engineers prior to and work commencing and ensuring the information is understood.
* Collation and presentation of data such as driller, engineering logs and other key information necessary to progress the contract and present accurate information to the client, including within reports.
* Interpreting data and information within the boundaries of relevant training and experience.
Contracts are typically within a two-hour radius of the office, although clients are nationwide and therefore travel and overnight stays away from home are likely to be required.
This is an expanding and successful company who like to provide their engineers with full exposure to all aspects of the project.
This role would suit an engineer who wants to develop their skills and perform both the office and site based elements of the Engineering Geologist position.
Salary £20,000 – £28,000
Vehicle (can be used for personal use)
28 days holiday (increase with length of service)
To apply for this position submit your current CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. Please bear in mind that if you are short listed you will be contacted in 7 days.
All Evan Craig vacancies require right to work in the UK
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.