UK Jobs Board
General Operative (Ref: 10198)
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Aggregate Industries a leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete and aggregate products are recruiting for an Asphalt General Operative based at our Topley Pike site.
About the role
You will control the fixed and mobile plant to produce asphalt while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, quality, efficiency & environmental awareness reporting to the site management.
Other elements of the role include:
* Weighbridge Duties – weighing customers in/out, creating and working with contracts, running reports in the E1 system, workbench administration, purchasing using the coupa system
* Operating the Loading shovel inclusive of fork attachments
* Carry out pre-start checks on fixed and mobile plant and ensure that it is safe to operate
* Produce mixed material for dispatch in line with company specifications
* Operate the plant in a controlled, safe and cost-effective manner
* Reduce contamination of aggregates through effective stockpile management
* To carry out maintenance including greasing / visual inspections as per the schedule
* Minimise waste
* Report any defects to line management
* Order raw materials
* Notify line management of any safety concerns, near misses or incidents
What will you bring?
* You will have a sound appreciation of Health & Safety, housekeeping and environmental regulations
* Excellent communication and team working skills
* Background in a quarry or asphalt environment is desirable
* Flexibility with work hours and willing to work weekend and evening shifts
* The desire for training and willingness to learn
* Previous experience operating fixed plant
What can we offer you?
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.