UK Jobs Board
This role is responsible for securing legacy pledges and maintaining relationships with pledgers, whilst creating awareness of our client’s Legacy Campaign amongst the charity’s key stakeholders and the wider community and key professional groups involved with wills and legacies. You will be highlighting and promoting the need for and importance of Legacy income and you will be expected to work with the Legacy Lay Committee, utilising their skills and develop Legacy Marketing Collateral. The role will also manage the Giving in Memory and Legacy Executive.
* Raise awareness of the organisation’s work amongst solicitors and other wealth management professionals involved in the will making process in conjunction with the Legacy and Giving in Memory Manager to ensure engagement and maximise fundraising opportunities.
* Work closely with the Legacy and Giving in Memory Manager and Giving in Memory and Legacy Executive to achieve the overall objectives of the Team and the wider Fundraising Team
* Report on progress on a regular basis to the Legacy and Giving in Memory Manager, Director of Fundraising and Community Engagement and the Board of Trustees as and when required
* Be responsible for budgetary control within areas of the Legacy Fundraising portfolio in conjunction with the Legacy and Giving in Memory Manager and Fundraising Operations Manager to agreed budgetary guidelines.
* Line manage the Giving in Memory and Legacy Executive and support and develop them in their role
* Oversee and help to increase the output from Jewish Care’s Giving in Memory programme
* Carry out and further develop Jewish Care’s Legacy Strategy and Marketing programme in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Team
* Identify and maintain a database of “Legacy Stories” relating to Legacy pledgers and legators to assist the Marketing Campaign
* Grow the number of named legacy Pledgers
* Persuade all stakeholders in the charity of the importance of legacy income to Jewish Care through for example, an annual programme of mailings, adverts, phone calls, events, presentations, and one-to-one meetings
You will need:
* Experience of Legacy Fundraising and carrying through a legacy fundraising strategy within a charity
* Experience of Fundraising amongst prospective donors at all levels of giving
* Experience of public speaking to small or larger groups and facilitating discussion groups on a regular basis
* Knowledge and understanding of charity law in relation to legacy fundraising, gift aid, data and information management.
* An understanding of legacy administration.
* Excellent customer focus and relationship building skills, understanding how to best engage with stakeholders, donors etc
* Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages and Raisers Edge
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.