UK Jobs Board
Role: Field Service Engineer
* Company: Healthcare and Medical devices Manufacturer
* Location: Birmingham
* Salary:£25,000 – £30,000 + Van + Benefits
We have a great opportunity for Field Service Engineer to join a growing manufacturer of healthcare and medical devices to customers all over the country. The role will be to inspect lifting hoists and equipment in bathrooms within residential and care homes. These products and services have gained a superb reputation for assisting staff and patients in everyday life.
This role is responsible for maintaining and servicing customers in the Birmingham region and is home based. A fully serviced Van and tools will also be provided with this position.
Responsibilities of the role comprise:
* Plan, manage and carry out service engineering, maintenance support, breakdown support and spares support business for existing customers
* On site installing and commissioning of new equipment.
* Offering product training and instruction to customers’ engineering and operating staff;
* Gaining insight into customer operating methods and utilising that to feedback to design for product development; Providing regular reports from service visits and follow up actions for other departments;
* Ensuring compliance with the company's and our customers health and safety, quality and environmental procedures and adherence to RAMS.
* You will be fully conversant with servicing lifting and Bath hoist/Bathroom equipment and have recent LOLER testing experience – ESSENTIAL
* You will hold a full, clean, driving licence.
* You should possess a high level of communication skills and be able to develop a strong report and trust level with our customers.
* You will be comfortable working autonomously, whilst at the same time working to the requirements of the line manager and communicating with both customers and the members of our team who are dependent on your feedback.
* A highly self-motivated person is required as this role will need someone who can operate independently, develop customer support / service engineering opportunities, arrange visits and organise for themselves a programme of service engineer support visits with the minimum of supervision and support – you need to be a real self-starter.
This is a field-based role, and there will a lot of travel involved in and around the Birmingham area. The role is paying between £25,000 – £30,000 and comes with a fully expensed van, tools, fuel card and company card.
To apply, click on the apply button below, contact Kathryn Oxley, or call the Mercury Hampton office directly on (phone number removed). We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days. Either way, we may store your information on record but will always seek your approval via a GDPR email. This will enable us to share future career opportunities
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.