UK Jobs Board
Aquilo recruitment are working with a leading freight forwarding business who are looking to expand there team, if you are looking for a new challenge with a forward thinking business with opportunities to progress this is the role for you!
Objective / Purpose of the Job (describe clearly the level of responsibility and expected results)
The forwarder is part of the above department/ branch. To provide an excellent customer service experience for our customers including clearances, quotes, arranging shipment/deliveries, invoicing and all other functions as required.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
* Completion of end to end forwarding activities as the individual role requires
* Follow strict and time sensitive SOP’s/KPI’s to ensure compliance
* Work closely with internal and external customers
* Focus on customer service
* Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
* Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required timeframe
* Month end department compliance
* Customs Entries
* Cost control
* Assist senior forwarders, Supervisor and line manager where required
* Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
* Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
* Ensure Best Practice models are adopted
* Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews.
* Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
* To take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
* Assist sales and management with customer development
* Maintain clean desk policy
* Operate within companies QA system
* Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager
PERSON PROFILE Forwarder
Essential Education and/ or Training
* Educated to GCSE/O level standard or equivalent
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
Business related experience
Proven customer service record and experience
Proven operational experience
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
Thorough understanding of customer needs
Knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in export Air Sea Road operations.
A knowledge and understanding of financials and impact on business
A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
Fluent in English, local language and any other languages required for smooth operation of business
Required Behavioural Competencies
Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
Problem solving skills
Ability to read and understand an SOP
Customer service driven
Deep knowledge of the financial contexts the business exists within
Profitability and result-oriented and always looking for improvement in our business processes
Flexible in approach and happy to work shifts as required including weekends
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.