UK Jobs Board
The Management Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a multi academy trust in their appointment of an Estates Officer on a temporary assignment.
The Estates Officer role is to ensure that the MAT functions safely and effectively on a daily basis. The role is customer focused and is key to ensuring that all estates and facilities services are available and fit for purpose at all times. As a member of the Estates Team, the Estates Officer is expected to set and maintain high professional standards at all times and support the academy leaders and the Estates Manager and the wider Estates Team in delivering both an outstanding service to our customers and the vision of the Trust.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage the building and grounds and undertake repairs and maintenance to fixtures and fittings, including desks, tables and chairs, and decoration within the academy and the estates cluster of Academies
* Carry out in-house statutory testing as required
* Undertake physical work both indoors and outdoors, including: moving and lifting heavy objects, sweeping playgrounds, cleaning, gardening and grounds maintenance, setting up for curricular and non-curricular academy events, community use and other events as required by your customers
* Ensure all tests are logged and recorded using the Trust’s processes
* Ensure litter bins are emptied as required and your academies are litter free
* Act as a key holder for your academies and attend emergency call outs as necessary
* Be responsible for the academies’ security, including the opening and closing of the academies on a daily basis, including evenings, weekends and public holidays
* To report to the Estates Manager concerning all aspects of the lettings arrangements, including planning and maintenance and related issues if they occur.
* Replace lamps as instructed
* Synchronise clocks, time switches etc., as required
* Respond to all requests received from your academies in an appropriate and professional manner, logging and reporting actions and outcomes to the Estates Manager
The trust are looking in interview immediately, with the right candidate starting ASAP.
Experience of working in an estates/facilities management is essential for this role, and experience of working in a schools environment is highly desirable.
It is essential that you hold a valid enhanced DBS for this position.
The Management Recruitment Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and receipt of two satisfactory references
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.