UK Jobs Board
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a lead manufacturing company in the Midlands to source them an Environment, Health and Safety Manager. It is a really exciting time to join as they are in a really strong position both with the senior leadership team, the Health and Safety culture and the direction they are moving in.
This role will be mainly based between Willenhall and Dudley with occasional travel to three other sites which you are responsible for. You will report into the CEO but closely with the Operations Manager and other senior stakeholders.
Over the last 3 years the current EHS Manager has taken the business through a very positive H&S journey where the sites are starting to take accountability for H&S and it is in a good place which can easily be built upon by the next manager.
Responsibilities include (more detail is in the job spec):
• Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participative in this process.
• Build relationships at all levels of the organisation coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
• Support the site leadership teams in developing and driving the group Health, Safety & Environmental Strategy and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored and reported to all levels of the business tailoring each report to suit the target audience.
• Chair site Health, Safety & Environmental site and group level committee meetings.
• Prepare , maintain and audit the groups legal register identifying to relevant areas of the business where there is a potential risk to the business.
• Prepare and deliver training programs to the management team.
• Complete and assist in the completion of accident and incident investigations, establishing the root cause, providing guidance on corrective and preventative actions.
• You must be operating at a Management Level with in H&S
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum however a Diploma Level qualification will be desired
• Strong environmental knowledge and a qualification as one site is environmentally permitted
• ISO systems knowledge
• Manufacturing experience is essential with knowledge of warehousing and ideally with a multisite capacity
• You must have a can do attitude, be hands on and pragmatic in your approach and be capable of dealing with stakeholders and supporting with sites.
Salary on offer is £50,000 with mileage for any travel from your base location.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to (url removed) or apply direct to the advert
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.