UK Jobs Board
Our client a global automotive prganisation are looking for an experienced Thermal Development Engineer
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer – Thermal you will develop the Thermal / HVAC / Aero Systems within the Vehicle Attributes team.
* Development of vehicle systems including
* Battery thermal management and strategy.
* Powertrain thermal management
* HVAC / Climate systems including refrigeration system and cabin airflow.
* Aerodynamics systems
* Run and support vehicle and rig testing for thermal, climate or aero systems
* Work cross-functionally with Thermal, Climate, Aero and Software Function Groups and other groups within the business
* Lead continuous improvement projects
* Be willing to share information and to collaborate with our internal and external customers.
* Support data acquisition systems including installation, data analysis and distribution
* Issue management support from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system
* Preparation of engineering reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
* Work closely with suppliers and test facilities to ensure successful test activities.
* Travel within the UK and Worldwide for development testing will be required.
* You will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 3 years of industry experience
* Good knowledge of vehicle thermal, HVAC / climate systems and/or Aerodynamics.
* Experience with vehicle testing including data logging and processing
* Be familiar with OEM product development systems
* Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
* Excellent organising and planning skills
* Demonstratable communication skills (written, verbal and aural), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation.
* Desirable to an understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (Ethernet, CAN, LIN and FlexRay)
* Desirable to have experience in HV systems.
* Full driving licence is essential
* No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union
Excellent package & Opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on (phone number removed) or apply online with CV Library
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.