UK Jobs Board
JN Technical are currently recruiting a Design Manager for a national contractor who specialise in the design, fabrication and installation of steel structures across the UK. We're looking for management level engineers, ideally from the structural fabrication industry. In the role you will be overseeing a small team of design engineers and reporting into the Director.
Design Manager core responsibilities:
– Lead, guide and manage the design team
– Reviewing and advising on designs, ensuring they meet regulatory and legislative requirements and the client’s brief
– Ensure all design tasks are completed to the highest of standards to enable successful project delivery (within programme constraints).
– Keeping up-to-date with changing building legislation and codes of practice relating to industry design standards
– Selecting, or having input into the selection of, specialist subcontractors or other organisations that will help complete the project work
– Chairing design meetings, writing reports and giving presentations.
These design tasks generally include permanent works analysis and connection design.
Design Manager Core Skills:
– Structural Engineering competency
– Leadership and motivation
– Client management skills
– Communication skills
– Organisation and time management
Design Manager Qualifications:
– Chartership is preferred but not essential (CIOB)
– Engineering Degree
– Competitive Salary
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Market leading pension
– Private health care
The vacancy has arisen due to steady company expansion. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established organisation
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.