UK Jobs Board
Who are you?
* Have a working knowledge of Catia V
* Understanding of vehicle packaging and occupant ergonomics
* Experience of vehicle development for North American & rest of world markets.
* Experience with running a project using industry standard PLM/PDM & CAD systems.
* Knowledge of Plastic moulding, technologies and joining methods would be advantageous
* High level of experience with 1st Tier Design and Manufacturer of Cabin Trim, areas including Headliner/Pillar Trims/Carpets/Loadspace
* High level of experience with OEM Cabin Trim
* A commercially aware Design Engineer with demonstrable experience in delivering products or systems for either an OEM or 1st Tier supplier.
* Experienced in the management of Asian suppliers and Asian manufacture / assembly of Cabin Trim components
* Experience of business travel in EU and globally, but not critical to role
* Proven ability within an automotive engineering background with a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity with responsibility of Cabin Trim
* Work with Designers in same function group and other function groups
* Ability to plan and deliver projects within budget and within the scoped time
* Ability to work in a team with a mix of experienced designer/engineers and junior designer/engineers, good interpersonal and communication skills
* Drive and commitment to deliver technically challenging projects
* Ability to work proactively with minimal support using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes
What you will do…
* Responsible for the delivery of components from concept through to production.
* Project scoping at concept stage.
* Development of Technical Specifications and Targets (system level cascaded to component) in line with recognised benchmark vehicles
* Support RFI and RFQ process with purchasing including generation of related engineering documentation.
* Development of best in class and best practise Design & Engineering standards and procedures to support company’s Forward Model Quality aspirations
* Ensure legal compliance, in coordination with suppliers and homologation teams, for all systems for all regions where the vehicles are to be delivered.
* System Integration of Cabin Trim into the full vehicle environment.
* Manage the CAD packaging with both the Supplier(s) and internal teams.
* Create design proposals & concepts, and to participate in decisions regarding engineering changes and design direction.
* Coordination in conjunction with Project engineer of all cross functional inputs/outputs for Styling, Package, Vehicle Integration, CAE, Test, Manufacturing, Service, Quality and Safety
* Ensure that agreed deliverables are completed meeting cost, timing, quality, specifications and targets
* Ensuring the accuracy of the BOM through Design work (cost/weight tracking)
* Support development of FMEAs to support the Design & manufacture of the vehicles
Excellent package & opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on (phone number removed) or apply online with CV Library
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.