UK Jobs Board
We’re hiring for a Design Engineer (Public Health) to join an award-winning, market leading engineering consultancy based in Birmingham who employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Their creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists has been built up over many years and they pride themselves on their unique and unrivalled service. With all levels considered, this is a brilliant opportunity to advance your career with one of the UK’s leading MEP firms.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of mechanical engineering & plumbing, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look. As a PH Engineer your duties will see you working across all projects and sectors, including education, healthcare, retail, residential and commercial, so you’ll always be challenged and stimulated to make the most of your skills.
What’s on offer?
* £30,000 – £50,000 + Bonus (depending on experience)
* Car allowance
* Working from home flexibility available
* Private medical scheme & life assurance
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Annual promotion review
* Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
* Season ticket loans, professional membership subscription
* Travel & dental insurance
* Retail discounts and employee referral scheme
What will you be doing as a Design Engineer?
* Providing detailed, coordinated and cost-efficient public health design advice to a varied client base
* Producing designs for above and below ground drainage systems, rainwater and roof drainage designs, hot and cold water services and fire suppression systems to standards, budget and deadline
* Tailoring a comprehensive service of specifications, calculations and reports
* Working with minimal supervision and taking responsibility for your own individual projects, including the programming and cost control
* Commuting to the Birmingham office up to two days per week
What projects are they currently working on?
* Birmingham University – Life Sciences project
* Warwick University – Arts building
* Commonwealth Games – Alexander Stadium
* Sky Studios – 17 building new campus
* Healthcare projects including main hospitals and ongoing nightingale projects
* Amazon distribution
Why join the company?
-You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists
-You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors
-You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to a structured Career Path framework
What do you need?
* Experience in the designs of Public Health systems
* Have in excess of 4 years’ experience in a consulting environment
* An understanding of all drainage services including rainwater and domestic water services
* The ability to produce calculations, reports and specifications with good written communication skills
* The ability to react efficiently to multiple tasks and tight deadlines
* Proficient in CAD and Revit
* Conversant with relevant British Standards
Continually looking at clever ways to overcome design challenges, this long-standing consultancy are not afraid to innovate. Their number one concern is the quality of their projects and they boast an impressive portfolio. If working on an extensive range of high-profile projects appeals to you then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.
KPJ Group are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy with more than 40 years of experience delivering staffing solutions. We treat each application with a high degree of care however due to the high volume of applications are sometimes unable to contact all individuals. If you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your application, please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.