UK Jobs Board
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Nursery Manager to join us in our setting in Manor Park. The successful candidate will need to be at least Level 3 qualified.
* To deputise for the Manager
* To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
* To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
* To give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
* Overall management responsibility for the Day Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
* Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
* Assist the Manager in collection, accounting, and banking of monies and distribution of wages.
* Assist the Manager in setting and implementing objectives for policy for the Nursery within the framework of the management committee.
* Assist the Manager in planning the training strategy for students
* To be responsible for the supervision of students, identifying their learning needs and advise key-staff of these.
* In conjunction with the Manager, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
* To assist the Manager in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Day Nursery.
* To work alongside the parents/carers of special needs children to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
* Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
* Liase with and support parents/carers and other family members.
* Liase with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
* Attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions outside working hours.
* Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery, i.e, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment.
* Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the Nursery is fulfilled.
* Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Manager.
Qualities and Experience Required
In general an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification with experience of working within a day Nursery setting. Some managerial experience would be desirable
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.