UK Jobs Board
Role: Controls System Engineer
* Basic Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
* Company : Specialist Software/Automation Company
* Location : West Midlands
Our client is an industry leading specialist software/automation company, which specialises in device automation and data integrity solutions in and around the packaging line environment. With a Head Office in the UK, their solutions are deployed globally.
The business is seeking to employ a Systems Integration Engineer who will undertake and lead the roll-out of software and hardware systems to both our existing and newly acquired customer base, in the UK and potentially overseas.
* Acting as onsite project lead, for co-ordination activities and relevant communication of project tasks.
* Utilising your software, electrical and mechanical skills to install, troubleshoot and support the end to end solution to a high standard and in an efficient time scale.
* Configuring hardware devices such as HMIs, PCs, PLCs, Barcode scanners, Vision equipment and industrial coders.
* Fault find on Ethernet and RS232, using electrical and software skills.
* Undertake customer training from the basic line operation to full system training.
* Configure the end to end solution to enable integration from line side through to ERP/ MES type systems.
* Conduct project analysis such as packaging, hardware and system implementation surveys.
* Provide assistance during technical pre-sales process by identifying customers technical requirements
* Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments when necessary.
* Provide support to our customers via a Help Desk and onsite visits as required
* At least 3 years of experience working in an engineering role, preferably as a project or vision systems engineer
* Degree in relevant field i.e. Engineering, Computer Science
* Be able to demonstrate mechanical skills that have been acquired
* Strong appetite to learn and use our own software and 3rd party software systems
* You will take an innovative approach to problem solving and be able to utilise and share knowledge with others in the team and across the company
* A basic understanding of TCP/IP networks
* Ability to prioritise issues and escalate when necessary
* End user and project team training skills
* Excellent client facing skills
* You will be flexible and willing to undertake support across the UK, Europe and potentially other areas of the world. Notice always provided.
* Full UK passport and UK driving license
Not required but beneficial…
* Knowledge and practitioner skills of other Microsoft SQL tools
* Development skills in relevant languages, e.g. C#, Microsoft .NET, Lua, SQL, HTML 5, Node-RED, JSON, UI Design, etc
* Experience of industrial devices and communication protocols
* Understanding of Vision devices and associated applications using hardware from Sick, Cognex, Omron, other.
To apply, click on the apply button below, contact Kathryn Oxley, or call the Mercury Hampton office directly on (phone number removed). We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days. Either way, we may store your information on record but will always seek your approval via a GDPR email. This will enable us to share future career opportunities
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.