UK Jobs Board
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are now looking for a Content Designer to create and design a variety of compelling content for our digital and non-digital services.
– Salary of c£35,000 per annum
– Civil service pension
– Flexible working
– 26 days’ holiday
– Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
– Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential.
Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Content Designer, you will create and design engaging content for our digital and non-digital services that support users to access and utilise them.
Working as part of the Digital Team, you will support the research and design of internal and external services, developing an understanding of users and putting them and consumers at the heart of everything you do.
Your role will involve:
– Ensuring users can perform the task they need first time
– Working with teams, subject matter experts and stakeholders across the Commission to ensure that information is clear, concise and understandable
– Ensuring that the content is in the right place and the content works across online and offline channels
– Using ongoing research, insight and data to continuously improve information and services
– Working with the Digital team, other Commission teams and users to ensure we are transparent about our work and allow everyone to contribute
– Actively contributing to the team and Commission goals of putting users at the heart of our services
– Helping to create content strategies, principles, improvements and patterns
To join us as a Content Designer, you will need:
– Experience of working with content publishing systems, including writing basic HTML or markdown.
– An understanding of the user-centric approach and can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way to share findings
– The ability to actively contribute to the design community and service manual. Sharing knowledge, best practice and identify areas for improvement
– A fantastic eye for detail
– Good communication skills
– A creative mindset
You may have previously held the title of Designer, Graphic Designer, Digital Designer, Print Designer, or Multimedia Designer.
The closing date for applications is the 8th July 2021.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to change the closing date, depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Content Designer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.