UK Jobs Board
Configuration Manager (Security Cleared)
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
£(phone number removed) p.a. & package
Our client is a professional services organisation focussed on helping their clients manage their assets and workspaces. They fundamentally believe that understanding assets and making them perform for you is key to business success. Essential to the success of their systems is a quick, responsive user experience. The role of the configuration manager is to drive forward the standards in the configuration of their systems and the smooth running of the client services.
The successful applicant needs to be a proactive self-starter who will help develop and deliver improvements in the configuration of the system implemented by our client and used, in turn by their clients.
You will use your keen analytical mindset to help identify opportunities to drive improvements in the configuration of their system, monitoring the system and making proposals on how the system configuration can be improved. Working with the internal team, you will develop and deploy system improvements.
Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders the successful candidate will be results driven, an excellent communicator and a strong team player.
This is a permanent role and the position will report into the TRIRIGA Professional Services Lead. You will be based at one of the client offices in Sutton Coldfield.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be focused on the configuration and management of our client’s systems.
* Up to date with modern systems and frameworks
* Able and keen to learn new technologies
* Happy to work in a highly collaborative environment
* Comfortable recommending configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer requirements.
* Able to plan and coordinate system configuration activities for timely completion.
* Happy to maintain configuration management documentation for reference purposes.
* Able to develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
* Competent in determining configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
* Confident in educating staff about configuration policies and practices.
* Comfortable in assisting in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities.
* Informed in following and enforcing configuration management policies and practices.
* Proficient in analysing and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion.
* Able to communicate configuration discrepancies to Management for immediate resolutions.
* Able to assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures.
* Capable of ensuring that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs.
* Confident in assisting in configuration audits and implementing audit recommendations.
* Able to record configuration status against all environments
* Able to identify common objects to merge development streams
* Comfortable with applying patches across environments
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
* Security cleared
* Strong Excel experience
* An understanding of writing SQL
* Candidates for this position should be highly analytical, problem-solvers, and proficient communicators.
* Some experience in Application development using a graphical workflow based tool is preferable
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.